You don’t have to be a veggie to enjoy eating Quorn. Although it’s meat-free, it contains all nine essential amino acids, making it a good source of first-class protein – and it’s low in calories, too.
Here, it’s served with some delicious vegetables on a bed of colourful carrot purée.
- Mix all the herb marinade ingredients together in a bowl. Add the chunks of Quorn and stir well to coat them in the marinade. Cover and leave the bowl in the fridge to marinate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make the carrot purée. Cook the carrots in a pan of lightly salted water until tender. Drain well and blitz in a blender or food processor until smooth. Stir in the fromage frais, nutmeg, seasoning to taste and chopped parsley.
- Thread the marinated Quorn with the courgette, green pepper and mushrooms onto some wooden kebab skewers that have been soaked in water to prevent them burning. Place in a foil-lined grill pan and brush with the remaining marinade. Spray with oil.
- Cook the kebabs under a preheated hot grill for 10–15 minutes, turning them occasionally, until the Quorn is lightly browned and the vegetables are tender.
- Arrange the kebabs on 2 serving plates and dust lightly with sweet paprika. Serve with a mound of carrot purée.
Check out more delicious recipes like this one on our recipe page.
For more information on The 1:1 Diet weight loss Plan, speak to a Consultant today.
Hungry for more?
Having a BBQ? Cook up these healthy treats, perfect for a low calorie vegetarian option when you are on Plan