You will need two wide-mouthed, tall Kilner or Mason jars with fitted glass lids, seals and clip tops to make this salad. The secret to success is to put the dressing in the bottom, next add the carbs and firmer vegetables followed by the protein in the middle and the salad leaves or greens on top to prevent them getting wet and squashed.
- Make the peanut butter dressing: whisk together the peanut butter, soy sauce, vinegar, lime juice and honey until smooth. Whisk in a little cold water, just enough to give the dressing the consistency of cream.
- Cook the noodles according to the instructions on the packet. Drain well and leave to cool.
- Defrost the edamame beans according to the instructions on the packet. Most are pre-cooked and just need to be defrosted in boiling water and drained.
- Pour the dressing into the bottom of each glass jar and then divide the noodles between the 2 jars. Cover with the cucumber and tomatoes and then a layer of edamame beans. Top with the red onion and rocket. Season with a good grinding of black pepper.
- Cover the jars and seal. The salad will stay fresh for several hours if stored in the fridge or a cool place. To serve, just tip everything out into serving bowls and toss in the dressing.
Step it up...
To eat this on Step 5, add a layer of cold cooked chicken to the jars. You will need 200g poached or griddled skinned chicken breasts, cut into small pieces.
You can add a teaspoon of grated ginger, a crushed garlic clove, a pinch of crushed chilli flakes or some chopped coriander to the dressing.
Visit our Steps webpage to find out more about the Plan or contact a Consultant using the button below!