This delicious Japanese–style rice bowl will supply all your daily protein. Brown rice has a pleasant nutty taste and is much healthier than white rice as it’s a whole grain with the fibrous bran intact and more B vitamins and magnesium.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, gas mark 7.
- Cook the brown rice according to the instructions on the packet. Keep warm.
- Blot the tofu with kitchen paper and cut into large chunks. Lightly spray with oil and dust with the smoked paprika. Season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange the tofu in a single layer on a baking tray and bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until golden and crisp.
- Meanwhile, trim the stems of the tenderstem broccoli and cut them in half lengthways. If using calabrese, cut into small florets. Blanch in a pan of boiling water for 2 minutes and drain well, or steam until just tender but slightly crisp.
- Divide the brown rice between 2 bowls and gently stir in the broccoli and black beans. Drizzle with soy sauce. Arrange the tofu, avocado and cucumber on top. And sprinkle with the coriander, sesame seeds and nori (if using). Serve immediately.
Step it up…
To enjoy this on Step 5, use 200g canned black beans. This will add 3.4g fibre and 6.5g carbs per serving.
Visit the Steps page to find out more about the Plan or contact a Consultant to start your weight loss journey today.