Here’s the perfect recipe for a hearty dinner on a cold day!
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas mark 5.
- Lightly spray a saucepan with oil and cook the onion and leeks over a low heat, stirring occasionally, for 8–10 minutes until tender.
- Stir in the turkey, ham and parsley, then remove from the heat.
- Make the white sauce: blend the cornflour with a little of the cold milk. Heat the remaining milk in a saucepan and when it starts to boil, stir in the cornflour mixture with a wooden spoon. Reduce the heat and cook, stirring, for 2–3 minutes, until the sauce thickens and is smooth.
- Remove from the heat and beat in the fromage frais, nutmeg and seasoning.
- Pour the sauce over the turkey, ham and leek mixture and transfer to a baking dish or 2 individual ceramic dishes.
- Meanwhile, boil the potatoes in a pan of lightly salted water until just tender. Drain well, then return to the warm pan and mash with the skimmed milk. Season to taste.
- Spoon the mashed potato over the turkey mixture and rough up the top with a fork.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes, until crisp and golden brown.
You could use mashed swede instead of potato to cover the pie or mix the two together.
Substitute mushrooms for the leeks, or cold cooked chicken for the turkey.
Visit our Steps webpage to find out more about the Plan or contact a Consultant using the button below to start your weight-loss journey!