This combines some fresh and piquant flavours with just a hint of heat from the chilli. Don’t worry if you don’t have a steamer. Put the plate in a colander, covered with a lid, over a pan of simmering water.
How to Make it
- Arrange the beans and pak choi on a plate and place the haddock fillets on top. Season lightly with black pepper. Put the plate inside a large steamer basket and place over a pan of simmering water.
- Steam, covered, for 6–10 minutes until the vegetables are just tender and the haddock is cooked through and translucent.
- Meanwhile, mix together the soy sauce, balsamic vinegar, lime juice, spring onions and chilli in a small bowl to make a dressing.
- Arrange the vegetables and haddock on 2 serving plates and drizzle the dressing over the top. Serve hot.
• You can substitute firm-fleshed cod fillets in place of the haddock.
• Vary the vegetables: choose from mangetout or sugar snap peas, cabbage, spring greens, curly kale or asparagus.
STEP IT UP ...
• On Steps 3 and 4, serve with plain boiled rice (50g dry weight per portion) and 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce.