10th February 2020: As Valentine’s Day approaches, there has never been a better time to surprise your partner with a sweet and tasty treat.
The 1:1 Diet by Cambridge Weight Plan has shared a whole host of mouth-watering, yet healthy, recipes which are perfect for couples to share on Sunday, February 14. Whether you are looking to surprise your other half, or fancy getting creative in the kitchen together, there is something for a filling and low-calorie sweet meal or pudding this Valentine’s Day.
Who said you can only enjoy pancakes on Valentine’s Day and Shrove Tuesday, February 16? This recipe is perfect for those looking for a filling and low-calorie sweet meal or pudding this Valentine’s Day.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Calories: 200 kcal
60g plain flour
A pinch of salt
1 small free-range egg
150ml skimmed milk
Ground cinnamon for dusting
Spiced apple filling:
2 medium dessert apples, peeled, cored and sliced or cubed
1 tbsp water
Artificial sweetener, to taste
A pinch of ground cinnamon
Grated zest and juice of ½ orange
- Sift the flour and salt into a bowl and beat in the egg. Add the milk, a little at a time, beating until the batter is smooth. Leave to stand for at least 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the apple and water in a saucepan over a low to medium heat until the apple is tender but keeps its shape. Add artificial sweetener to taste and gently stir in the cinnamon, orange zest and juice.
- Lightly spray a small non-stick frying pan with oil and place over a medium heat. When the pan is hot, add one-quarter of the batter. Tilt the pan and swirl the batter around to cover the base evenly. Cook until the pancake is golden brown and set underneath, then flip it over and cook the other side.
- Slide the pancake out of the pan onto a plate and keep warm while you cook the remaining pancakes in the same way.
- Divide the apple filling between the pancakes and roll up or fold over. Serve immediately, dusted with cinnamon.