- Make the meatballs: put the minced beef, onion, garlic, parsley and seasoning in a bowl and mix well. Add the beaten egg – just enough to bind the mixture together.
- Divide the mixture into 8 portions and roll each one into a ball.
- Place the meatballs under a preheated hot grill and cook for 8–10 minutes, turning them occasionally, until starting to brown all over.
- Meanwhile, make the tomato chilli sauce: spray a large deep frying pan lightly with oil and place over a low to medium heat. Cook the onion and garlic for 5–6 minutes, turning occasionally, until golden. Add the chilli and cook for 1 minute. Then stir in the tomatoes. It should be looking and smelling good right about now!
- Add the meatballs to the pan, cover and simmer over a low heat for about 10–15 minutes, until the sauce reduces and thickens and the meatballs are cooked. If it reduces too quickly, just add a little water to thin it down. Stir in the basil and balsamic vinegar.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet. Drain well.
- Divide the pasta between 2 serving plates and spoon the sauce and meatballs over the top. Sprinkle with Parmesan and basil (if using) and serve immediately.
- If you like fiery hot food, add a diced chilli to the meatballs, or leave the seeds in the chilli you add to the sauce.
- Serve with rice instead of pasta. Use the same dried weight and the calories will stay the same.
For more information regarding the Steps please contact a Consultant.