A gospel choir brought the streets of Birmingham to a standstill today with a surprise flashmob rendition of a unique, original song guaranteed to get toes tapping!
The stand-out performance showcased the original song “This Is The One”. It was orchestrated by The 1:1 Diet by Cambridge Weight Plan as part of a multi-million pound integrated campaign to launch the company’s new brand and to celebrate its 35th anniversary.
Onlookers at various locations across the city were surprised by the gospel choir, supporting pianist and singer as they put on a show-stopping display of the song, written for The 1:1 Diet’s new TV, cinema and radio advertising.
The 1:1 Diet by Cambridge Weight Plan is seeking to take the diet industry by storm with a new website, PR, social activity and print advertising underpinning its broadcast campaign.
There are more than 5,000 dedicated consultants of The 1:1 Diet nationally. And there are more than 680 in the West Midlands, who provide exceptional one-to-one support for people wanting to lose weight.
Chris McDermott, Managing Director of The 1:1 Diet by Cambridge Weight Plan, said: “To celebrate our 35th anniversary and our new brand like this is very exciting. With medical research proving what we’ve always known, that our unique combination of amazing people, tasty products and a well-thought through plan really works, we can’t wait to help more dieters reach their personal goals.”
Gemma Cottingham is a consultant for The 1:1 Diet by Cambridge Weight Plan in Birmingham and says the new campaign highlights the importance of the one-to-one support given to dieters.
She said: “My clients really benefit from the one-to-one support I offer and I believe it plays a huge part in their weight loss journey.
“I weigh my clients once a week to help them stay on track. They can call me at any point if they’re struggling and I’m constantly in touch with them throughout the week to motivate and support them so they can reach their goal.
“The best part of my job is to see how losing weight can transform my clients’ lives. As the pounds drop off, my clients’ confidence, self-esteem and happiness grows!
“I’ve had clients who have met someone new, got married and had children; clients who’ve been promoted at work and clients who have been able to wear a bikini on holiday who would have never gone near a beach or pool before. I love to see my clients becoming empowered and start living their lives again.”
For more information on The 1:1 Diet by Cambridge Weight Plan and to find your own local consultant in the West Midlands and beyond please visit Find a consultant
- For more information and/or to set up interviews, contact The 1:1 Diet PR team on firstname.lastname@example.org 0113 243 1117 / 020 8741 5900
Notes to editors
- The 1:1 Diet by Cambridge Weight Plan’s roots can be traced back to the 1960s, when biochemist Dr Alan Howard started to research the perfect diet. Since 1984, when The Cambridge Diet became commercial in the UK, millions of people from all over the world have used its help, support and products.
- In 2009 the Cambridge Diet was rebranded to Cambridge Weight Plan.
- In 2014, Cambridge Weight Plan became an employee-owned company. Today, it is a passionate and profitable group of people who provide support, flexible weight loss plans, products and business opportunities that help other people achieve their goals. Whatever those goals may be.
- In the UK, the company sells and markets The 1:1 Diet by Cambridge Weight Plan brand through independent Cambridge Weight Plan Consultants, who offer one-to-one support to guide slimmers through their weight loss and into weight maintenance.
- Worldwide, The 1:1 Diet by Cambridge Weight Plan is sold through an extensive distributor network and its products are exported to more than 30 countries.
- The 1:1 Diet by Cambridge Weight Plan’s meal replacement programme (MRP) uses formula food soups, shakes, bars and other foods to replace conventional foods, thus giving a lower dietary energy intake than on a conventional reducing diet. Cambridge Weight Plan MRPs are nutritionally complete, providing all protein, essential fat, vitamins and minerals needed.