The 1:1 Diet by Cambridge Weight Plan, based in Corby, Northamptonshire, is embarking on a new brand journey as part of its 35th anniversary celebrations. An already successful brand which has built its presence through one-to-one support, The 1:1 Diet is now seeking to take the industry by storm.
Launched in 1984 as The Cambridge Diet and latterly Cambridge Weight Plan, The 1:1 Diet by Cambridge Weight Plan is marking its phenomenal success over its 35 years with a new brand approach and strategy. Starting with transforming its brand name and logo at the end of 2018, it has now launched an extensive advertising and marketing campaign built around the concept of “This is the One”.
With a new website, PR and social activity, and a TV and cinema ad that features a unique song that’s bound to get toes tapping, it’s an exciting move for the company which boasts more than three decades of weight loss expertise.
Consultants are at the heart of the company’s unique business model. Offering one-to-one support to dieters, they create a personalised weight-loss plan that suits the individual’s lifestyle. As well as changing lives through weight loss, the business opportunity offered to consultants allows them to transform their earning potential and career. Welcoming its first consultant John Bradley in 1984, who is still a consultant to this day, the company now has more than 5,000 consultants all offering one-to-one support to millions of people across the UK, and internationally.
Since its launch in the UK 35 years ago, The 1:1 Diet by Cambridge Weight Plan has supported more than 30 million people across the globe, who’ve sought out a nutritionally-balanced and effective way to lose weight. It has become one of the most respected brands in the industry, from being awarded the Queen’s Award for Enterprise in International Trade in 2013, to becoming a company fully owned by its employees in 2014. The last 12 months has seen the business not just achieve substantial growth but also receive endorsement from a number of high quality medical studies that have proven its success in helping people not just to lose weight, but also maintain it.
A University of Oxford study revealed that ‘total diet replacement’ programmes (TDRs), combined with one-to-one support offered by consultants, are an effective and cost-efficient way to lose weight long term. Following that, latest findings of the Diabetes Remission Clinical Trial (DiRECT) announced that more than a third (36%) of people with type 2 diabetes who took part in a dietician-led weight management programme, are in remission two years later.
Chris McDermott is Managing Director at The 1:1 Diet by Cambridge Weight Plan and joined the company as a PR Executive in 2003. He said: “We are delighted to be celebrating 35 years and couldn’t be prouder of all the achievements the brand has made leading us to this major milestone.
The fact that this new chapter has begun with us hitting the 5,000 consultants mark is testament to the fantastic work of our team in Corby. We are extremely excited about the imminent ‘This is the One’ campaign and unveiling one of the most unique and original TV ads in the dieting world.”
For more information and/or to set up interviews, contact The 1:1 Diet by Cambridge Weight Plan PR team on email@example.com or 0113 243 1117 / 020 8741 5900
Notes to editors
- The 1:1 Diet by Cambridge Weight Plan’s roots can be traced back to the 1960s, when biochemist Dr Alan Howard started to research the perfect diet. Since 1984, when The Cambridge Diet became commercial in the UK, millions of people from all over the world have used its help, support and products.
- In 2009 the Cambridge Diet was rebranded to Cambridge Weight Plan and in 2014, became an employee-owned company. Today, it is a passionate and profitable group of people who provide support, flexible weight loss plans, products and business opportunities that help other people achieve their goals. Whatever those goals may be.
- In the UK, the company sells and markets The 1:1 Diet by Cambridge Weight Plan brand through more than 5,000 independent consultants, who offer one-to-one support to guide dieters through their weight loss and into maintenance.
- The 1:1 Diet by Cambridge Weight Plan’s meal replacement programme (MRP) uses formula food soups, shakes, bars and other foods to replace conventional foods, thus giving a lower dietary energy intake than on a conventional reducing diet. Cambridge Weight Plan MRPs are nutritionally complete, providing all protein, essential fat, vitamins and minerals needed.
- Worldwide, The 1:1 Diet by Cambridge Weight Plan is sold through an extensive distributor network and its products are exported to more than 30 countries.