A singer and pianist duo has brought Edinburgh to a standstill with a surprise flashmob – as research reveals that dieting remains a dirty word in Scotland, when really it shouldn’t be.
The stand-out performance showcased the original song “This Is The One”. It was orchestrated by The 1:1 Diet by Cambridge Weight Plan as part of a multi-million pound integrated campaign to launch the company’s new brand and to celebrate its 35th anniversary.
With research revealing 57% of Scots are embarrassed about dieting, the study commissioned by The 1:1 Diet by Cambridge Weight Plan proves that, at least for some of us, dieting remains a dirty word when it really shouldn’t be.
The same research revealed that we diet to improve our health (21%), body confidence (21%), self-esteem (17%) and quality of life or for medical reasons (17%) – all positive motives that we should be willing to celebrate.
38% of Scots have been on four or more diets over the years and many seem to struggle to stick to a particular diet plan, with 53% failing to do so beyond 15 days, according to the same poll.
36% said they find it easier to diet with the support of someone else.
Onlookers at Edinburgh Waverley station and Princes Street were surprised by a pianist and supporting singer as they put on a show-stopping display of the song, written for The 1:1 Diet’s new TV, cinema and radio advertising.
The 1:1 Diet by Cambridge Weight Plan is seeking to take the diet industry by storm with a new website, PR, social activity and print advertising underpinning its broadcast campaign.
There are more than 5,000 dedicated consultants of The 1:1 Diet nationally. And there more than 400 in Scotland, who provide exceptional one-to-one support for people wanting to lose weight.
Chris McDermott, Managing Director of The 1:1 Diet by Cambridge Weight Plan, said: “To celebrate our 35th anniversary and our new brand like this is very exciting. With medical research proving what we’ve always known, that our unique combination of amazing people, tasty products and a well-thought through plan really works, we can’t wait to help more dieters reach their personal goals.”
Jo Ostlere is a consultant for The 1:1 Diet by Cambridge Weight Plan. She is based in Silverknowes, west Edinburgh, and has a team of colleagues who cover Midlothian, West Lothian, The Borders, Dunfermline and Edinburgh.
She said: “I love enabling people to take control of their lives and get rid of their weight. I’ve been working with clients for more than 12 years and offer one-to-one appointments to give them accountability and spend time with them to figure out what needs to change longer term so they can realise and learn to manage their new body and weight.
“I use all my training in CBT, TA and hypnotherapy to help support my clients long term and to help them achieve their goals, supporting them every step of the way as their very own cheerer-oner!”
Marcus Owen, from Edinburgh, added: “It’s not every day you’re serenaded as you wander through the train station. It was a fantastic surprise, and with a song that’s so catchy, it’s bound to stick in my head all day long.”
For more information on The 1:1 Diet by Cambridge Weight Plan and to find your own local consultant in the Scotland and beyond, please visit https://www.one2onediet.com/find-a-consultant
*Research conducted by OnePoll of 2,000 UK adults in May 2019
- For more information and/or to set up interviews, contact The 1:1 Diet PR team on email@example.com 0113 243 1117 / 020 8741 5900
Notes to editors
- The 1:1 Diet by Cambridge Weight Plan’s roots can be traced back to the 1960s, when biochemist Dr Alan Howard started to research the perfect diet. Since 1984, when The Cambridge Diet became commercial in the UK, millions of people from all over the world have used its help, support and products.
- In 2009 the Cambridge Diet was rebranded to Cambridge Weight Plan.
- In 2014, Cambridge Weight Plan became an employee-owned company. Today, it is a passionate and profitable group of people who provide support, flexible weight loss plans, products and business opportunities that help other people achieve their goals. Whatever those goals may be.
- In the UK, the company sells and markets The 1:1 Diet by Cambridge Weight Plan brand through independent Cambridge Weight Plan Consultants, who offer one-to-one support to guide slimmers through their weight loss and into weight maintenance.
- Worldwide, The 1:1 Diet by Cambridge Weight Plan is sold through an extensive distributor network and its products are exported to more than 30 countries.
- The 1:1 Diet by Cambridge Weight Plan’s meal replacement programme (MRP) uses formula food soups, shakes, bars and other foods to replace conventional foods, thus giving a lower dietary energy intake than on a conventional reducing diet. Cambridge Weight Plan MRPs are nutritionally complete, providing all protein, essential fat, vitamins and minerals needed.