10th October, 2019
While more than half of the male population of Britain are on a diet (55 per cent) more than a third (32 per cent) try to keep it a secret, according to a new survey*. There’s now a call for the shame surrounding male dieting to end.
20th September, 2019
It’s Bank Holiday weekend which can only mean one thing – households across the nation will be firing up their barbecues. Yet with temptation around every corner, it can be difficult not to overindulge.
2nd August, 2019
In recognition of its practices and achievements in health and safety, The 1:1 Diet by Cambridge Weight Plan has been presented with the prestigious RoSPA Gold Award.
The internationally renowned RoSPA Health and Safety Awards receives entries from organisations around the world and acknowledges achievement in health and safety management systems, including practices such as leadership and workforce involvement. It is the longest-running industry awards scheme in the UK.
Chris McDermott, Managing Director at The 1:1 Diet by Cambridge Weight Plan, said: “We are delighted to be receiving this prestigious RoSPA award. This is a really great achievement and a huge milestone for the company. Our employees are our priority and it is so important that our staff are happy, healthy and safe – even after they leave work at the end of the day.
“This award contributes to a brilliant and successful year for The 1:1 Diet by Cambridge Weight Plan. Not only have we celebrated our 35th year as a company, along with a multi-million pound integrated campaign to launch the new brand, but also witnessed a staggering 64 per cent increase in the number of consultants, helping us reach a milestone 6,000 consultants across the UK alone.”
Julia Small, RoSPA’s head of qualifications, awards and events, said: “The RoSPA Awards have become the key fixture in the health and safety calendar with new sponsors and new awards this year including the Leisure Safety Awards, the Safe@Work Safe@Home Award and the Inspiration Awards. Highly respected, with almost 2,000 entrants every year, RoSPA award winners benefit from the wide-ranging rewards of improved sector reputation.”
For more information on The 1:1 Diet by Cambridge Weight Plan, please visit https://www.one2onediet.com. More about the RoSPA Awards can be found here: www.rospa.com/awards.
For more information and/or to set up interviews, contact The 1:1 Diet by Cambridge Weight Plan PR team on firstname.lastname@example.org or 0113 243 1117 / 020 8741 5900
Notes to editors
- The 1:1 Diet by Cambridge Weight Plan’s roots can be traced back to the 1960s, when biochemist Dr Alan Howard started to research the perfect diet.
- In 2009 the Cambridge Diet was rebranded to Cambridge Weight Plan and started its Employee Ownership journey in 2010.
- Today, it is a passionate and profitable group of people who provide support, flexible weight loss plans, products and business opportunities that help other people achieve their goals. Whatever those goals may be.
- Cambridge Weight Plan undertook a major rebrand in 2018, becoming known as The 1:1 Diet by Cambridge Weight Plan, investing in a multi-million pound integrated campaign which sat across cinema, TV, social, digital and print.
- In the UK, the company sells and markets The 1:1 Diet by Cambridge Weight Plan brand through independent Cambridge Weight Plan consultants, which have increased by 64 per cent to reach a milestone 6,000 consultants in June 2019. All consultants offer one-to-one support to guide slimmers through their weight loss and into weight maintenance.
- The 1:1 Diet by Cambridge Weight Plan’s meal replacement programme (MRP) uses formula food soups, shakes, bars and other foods to replace conventional foods, thus giving a lower dietary energy intake than on a conventional reducing diet. Cambridge Weight Plan MRPs are nutritionally complete, providing all protein, essential fat, vitamins and minerals needed.
- The 1:1 Diet by Cambridge Weight Plan have received a number of accolades for its commitment to employees, attaining new generation six Investors in People (IIP) Silver Award, becoming a Real Living Wage responsible employer and receiving a RoSPA Gold Award for health and safety management to name a few.
- Worldwide, The 1:1 Diet by Cambridge Weight Plan is sold through an extensive distributor network and its products are exported to more than 30 countries.
About the RoSPA Awards
The majority of awards are non-competitive and mark achievement at merit, bronze, silver and gold levels. Gold medals, president’s awards, orders of distinction and the Patron’s Award are presented to organisations sustaining the high standards of the gold level over consecutive years.
Competitive awards go to the best entries in 24 industry sectors including construction, healthcare, transport and logistics, engineering, manufacturing and education. There are specialist awards for health at work, environmental management and fleet safety, and excellence trophies for the best international, new entry, workforce involvement and organisation operating or based in Scotland. RoSPA’s top accolade is the Sir George Earle Trophy.
Headline sponsor of the RoSPA Awards 2019 is NEBOSH – the National Examination Board in Occupational Safety and Health – for the 14th consecutive year.
28th June, 2019
The 1:1 Diet by Cambridge Weight Plan celebrated Employee Ownership Day (EO Day) and its 35th anniversary with a summer garden party for its 226 stakeholders in Corby.
7th June, 2019
Research released today reveals a third of UK adults will keep their diet or healthy eating habits under wraps due to being ashamed of what people think.
3rd June, 2019
A third of adults who have dieted told NO ONE about it because they were ‘ashamed’, according to a study.
29th May, 2019
The 64-year-old priest took part in the BBC’s The Big Crash Diet Experiment and found out at the start of filming that the diet he'd be on was Cambridge Weight Plan (CWP).
22nd May, 2019
As research* reveals 57% of Scots are embarrassed about dieting, a singer and pianist flashmob hits the streets of Edinburgh to celebrate 35 Years of leading diet brand to show that diet shouldn’t be a dirty word!
22nd May, 2019
A gospel choir, singer and pianist hit the streets of Birmingham to celebrate 35 Years of leading diet brand