This tangy salad is so healthy and refreshing. The cauliflower ‘rice’ fills you up and keeps the carbs really low. If you want, you can make the salad in advance and keep it for several hours or even overnight in the fridge. Kaffir lime leaves, lemongrass and Thai fish sauce are widely available in most supermarkets.
- Put the cauliflower florets in a food processor and pulse until they have the consistency of rice-sized ‘grains’.
- Lightly spray a wok or deep frying pan with oil and set over a medium to high heat. Stir-fry the lemongrass, chilli and spring onions for 2–3 minutes. Add the cauliflower and stir-fry for 4–5 minutes until tender but still slightly crunchy.
- Transfer to a large bowl and mix with the carrots, courgettes, pepper, chicken, lime leaves and herbs.
- Make the dressing: blend the lime juice and fish sauce and sweeten to taste. Sprinkle over the salad and toss gently.
- Cover the bowl with a lid or some cling film and chill in the fridge for at least 15 minutes or until required.
Tips: If you want a really crunchy texture, you can dice the carrot and courgette instead of grating them. You could use the juice of 1 lemon instead of 2 limes but the flavour will not be so authentic.
If you’re on a low-salt diet, use a low-sodium Thai fish sauce.
Visit the Steps page to find out more about The 1:1 Diet Plan or contact a Consultant to start your weight-loss journey today!
Edamame and Noodle Salad
Looking for more tasty salad recipes? Check out our low calorie Edamame and Noodle salad - it's delish!Read the recipe