These delicious vegan kebabs are easy to assemble and cook on a ridged griddle pan. Tofu is an excellent source of protein and minerals and is very filling. The spicy marinade gives it flavour and colour.
- Make the marinade: mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. Stir in the tofu cubes and cover with cling film. Chill in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, soak 4 thin bamboo or wooden skewers in cold water to prevent them burning on the grill.
- Make the Indian salad: mix all the ingredients together in a bowl.
- Thread the marinated tofu, green pepper, courgettes, onion and chilli alternately on to the skewers. Lightly spray a ridged griddle pan with oil and set over a medium to high heat.
- Cook the kebabs for 7–10 minutes, turning occasionally, until the vegetables are tender and slightly charred and the tofu is attractively striped and golden. Dust with paprika or cayenne and sprinkle with coriander. Serve immediately with the salad.
Tip: If you’d rather make the kebabs with chicken use 100g chicken breast fillets and you’ll have 200 kcal, 3g fat and 10g carbs per serving.
Check out our recipe page for more delicious recipes for you to try!
For more information regarding the Steps and to start your weight-loss transformation, contact a Consultant today!
Hungry for more?
This delicious low-calorie Japanese–style rice bowl is perfect for Steps 3 & 4.Get the recipe
Is summer in the air? Here’s a fresh, tasty recipe perfect as a light lunch on a warm day. Suitable for Step 2.Get the recipe