You can vary the spices in these delicious burgers, depending on how hot or spicy you like them. For extra flavour, why not drizzle them with a little balsamic vinegar or soy sauce?
- Put the minced chicken, spring onions, garlic, spices and coriander in a food processor or blender and pulse until you have a coarse paste. Season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Divide the mixture into 2 portions and, using your hands, mould each one into a burger shape.
- Lightly spray the burgers with oil and cook on a hot barbecue or griddle pan over a medium heat for 5–6 minutes each side, or until golden brown on the outside and cooked right through with no pink meat on the inside.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray a wok or deep frying pan with oil and place over a medium to high heat. Add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds, then add all the vegetables and stir–fry for 2–3 minutes until just tender but still crisp. Stir in the soy sauce.
- Serve the chicken burgers immediately with the hot stir-fried vegetables.
Tip: Most supermarkets and butchers sell minced chicken if you’d rather not mince it yourself. Just mix in a bowl with the spring onions, spices and herbs.
How many calories are in a homemade chicken burger?
You may think homemade chicken burgers are a healthy alternative to a shop bought burger, but you’d be surprised at the number of calories that can be hiding in them. For the standard homemade chicken burger that can be found online, there is around 666 kcal per serving and around 37g of fat. However, our low-calorie homemade chicken burgers have only 200 kcal per serving and 2.4g of fat. When comparing our homemade burgers with a popular takeaway chicken restaurant, our homemade chicken burgers were less than half the calories and 16.9g less of fat.
What to have with chicken burgers?
The obvious pairing with a burger is chips, but why not try something a little bit different, and healthier! Shake up your burger with some stir-fried vegetables to add a few of your five-a-day into your meal.
Spicy chicken burgers recipe
1 min 12
Visit our Steps page to find out more about the Plan or chat to a Consultant today to start your weight loss journey!