You can eat these wedges warm or cold as a healthy snack or even take them to work or college as a delicious packed lunch. They can be cooled and then stored in a sealed container in the fridge for a couple of days. And you don’t need to use top-quality sliced smoked salmon – a more economical supermarket packet of trimmings is just as good.
- Lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil and place over a low to medium heat. Cook the onion, stirring occasionally, for 6–8 minutes until really tender.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs in a bowl and stir in the dill and smoked salmon. Season lightly with a little salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture into the hot pan and stir into the cooked onion. Reduce the heat as low as it can go and cook gently for about 10 minutes until the tortilla is set and golden brown underneath – the top should be beginning to set, too.
- While the tortilla is cooking, preheat an overhead grill until it’s really hot. Pop the pan underneath for a few minutes until the top of the tortilla is set and golden brown.
- Slide it out of the pan onto a plate or board and leave to cool for 10 minutes or so until it’s lukewarm or completely cold, depending on when you want to eat it. Cut into 4 wedges.
Step it down…
You can enjoy this tortilla for dinner on Step 2. Just make as above and cut it in half to serve. Each portion will have 200 kcals, 11g fat, 1.6g fibre and 4.2g carbs. Eat it hot, lukewarm or cold.