Olé! Dieters on Steps 3, 4 and 5 of The 1:1 Diet by Cambridge Weight Plan can add a fabulously continental twist to the traditional hearty casserole by adding some fabulously Spanish flavours. Spice it up with paprika and tantalise your tastebuds by adding some black olives. This dish is a perfect winter warmer.
- Lightly spray a large saucepan with oil and place over a low heat. Cook the onion, garlic and peppers, stirring occasionally, for 6–8 minutes until tender.
- Stir in the mushrooms and chicken and cook for 5 minutes, turning it two or three times, until browned all over.
- Add the paprika and cook for 1 minute. Pour in the stock and stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste and thyme.
- Bring to the boil, lower the heat to a simmer and add the courgettes. Cook for 30 minutes or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked and the sauce has thickened. Stir in the olives and most of the parsley, and season to taste.
- Meanwhile, cook the potatoes in a pan of boiling salted water until tender. Drain well and serve with the chicken casserole, sprinkled with the remaining parsley.
- Vary the vegetables by using a red onion and some yellow or orange pepper or even some cubed butternut squash.
- Use a can of whole plum tomatoes and cut them up roughly in the pan by pressing them with a spoon.
- Use green olives instead of black.
For more information regarding the Steps please contact a Consultant.