This is a great way to treat mum to breakfast in bed or to share for a family Mother's Day brunch. Everything is cooked in the same roasting pan, so there’s practically no washing up afterwards! And it’s really healthy and nutritious.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6.
- Lightly spray a large non-stick roasting pan with oil. Add the mushrooms, open-side down, and the tomatoes and cook for 10 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Meanwhile, put the spinach leaves in a colander and pour some boiling water over them so they wilt and turn bright green. Pat dry with kitchen paper to remove any excess water.
- Turn the mushrooms over, open-side up, and arrange little heaps of spinach in the pan around the tomatoes and mushrooms. Make 4 indentations and crack an egg into each one. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle the grated cheese over the vegetables.
- Bake in the oven for about 4–5 minutes until the egg whites are set but the yolks are still runny, and the cheese has melted.
- Meanwhile, grill the bacon rashers until crisp and golden.
- Crumble the bacon over the tray bake and serve immediately sprinkled with chives.
Vegetarians can substitute 4 Quorn bangers for the bacon and add them to the pan with the tomatoes and mushrooms, or grill them to serve with the tray bake.
Alternatively, add 200g drained canned chickpeas to the pan with the eggs and cheese.
Check out our recipe page for more tasty ideas.
Visit the Steps page to find out more about the Plan or contact a Consultant to start your weight loss journey today.
A scrummy sweet breakfast recipe that's perfect for Step 4 and above.Get the recipe
Discover the secrets to a healthy cooked breakfast that's great for Step 3.Get the recipe