This is a delicious dinner you can eat inside or outside by the bonfire on Guy Fawkes night. Wrap one half of the filled pittas in some foil to make them easier to hold, and just tuck in! You can cook the pork and prepare the salad in advance, and then assemble everything when you’re ready to eat!
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6.
- With a sharp knife, make some small slits in the pork fillet and insert the garlic. Mix together the fennel seeds, lemon zest and juice, thyme leaves and a little salt and pepper. Rub it all over the pork.
- Put the pork in a roasting pan and spray lightly with oil. Cook in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, then reduce the temperature to 180°C, gas mark 4 and cook for 20–30 minutes until golden brown and cooked right through. Carve the hot pork into thin slices and wrap in some kitchen foil to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, mix together all the ingredients for the salad in a bowl.
- Warm the pitta breads in the oven or a hot griddle pan.
- Make a slit down the side of each pitta bread and open gently to make a pocket. Fill with the roast pork and salad. Add the apple sauce and chutney and serve immediately. You can wrap one end of the pitta in foil if wished to make it easier to hold and to eat.
Step it up...
To eat these delicious pittas as a 500kcals dinner on Step 5 just add 50g tzatziki and increase the chutney from 1 tsp to 1 tbsp per serving.
We've got more tasty recipes that you can find on our recipes page!
Visit the Steps page to find out more about the Plan or contact a Consultant to start your weight-loss journey today.