For a really summery version of this salad on a hot day, you can cook the chicken with the sweet potato and red onion over hot coals on a barbecue for a delicious smoky flavour.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6.
- Blitz the dressing ingredients in a blender until well combined and smooth.
- Coarsely grind the seeds in a pestle and mortar. Put the sweet potato and red onion in a roasting pan and sprinkle with the seeds. Lightly spray with oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast in the oven for 25–30 minutes, turning once or twice, until the sweet potato is tender and golden brown.
- Meanwhile, cook the chicken on a hot griddle pan, sprayed lightly with oil, over a medium heat for 8–10 minutes each side until golden brown, attractively striped and cooked right through. Cut into slices.
- Put the roasted vegetables, tomatoes, cucumber, avocado and and spinach in a bowl and toss lightly with the dressing. Divide between 2 shallow serving bowls with the couscous and sliced chicken. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with parsley. Serve warm.
Step it up…
To enjoy this on Step 5, use 2 x 150g chicken breasts, a medium avocado and 400g sweet potatoes. This will add 5g fat and 10g carbs per serving.
Visit our Steps page to find out more about the Plan or chat to a Consultant today to start your weight loss journey!