A tray bake is so healthy and makes a quick and easy meal as everything is cooked in one pan. Roasted thick slices of cauliflower (‘steaks’) are surprisingly filling and a great meat substitute.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6.
- Slice the cauliflower through the stem into 4 thick ‘steaks’. Spray them lightly with oil and dust with the spices. Place in a large roasting pan with the sweet potato, red onion and tomatoes. Spray lightly with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and the cauliflower is golden brown and starting to crisp around the edges.
- Add the halloumi and place under a hot grill for 5 minutes or until the cheese is softened and golden brown.
- Divide between 2 serving plates, drizzle the pesto over the cauliflower and serve immediately.
Step it up…
To enjoy this on Step 5, serve it with 160g cooked quinoa. This will add 1.6g fat and 16g carbs per serving.
Check out our recipe page for more delicious recipes for you to try!
For more information regarding the Steps and to start your weight-loss transformation, chat to a friendly Consultant today!
Hungry for more?
This cheap and cheerful one-pot meal will not only warm you up on a cold winter’s evening but will also leave you feeling full! Perfect for Step 2.Get the recipe
This is a delicious dish with a good source of protein and fibre and only takes 15 minutes to cook! Perfect for Step 2.Get the recipe