Spiralised vegetables, such as courgettes or carrots, are fun to eat, taste delicious and make a healthy, low-calorie addition to any meal.
If you don’t have a spiraliser, you can use a julienne peeler, mandolin slicer or even a thin potato peeler.
- Cut the courgettes lengthwise into long thin strands, you might have a setting on your Spiraliser to help with this. If you don’t have one, slice them lengthwise very thinly with one of the alternatives we’ve mentioned above.
- Put the courgette strands in a bowl with the vinegar, nam pla and a few drops of artificial sweetener. Toss very gently to avoid breaking them. Cover with cling film and chill in the fridge for 10–15 mins.
- Lightly spray a non-stick frying pan with oil and place over a medium heat. When it’s really hot, cook the salmon fillets for 3–4 mins each side until cooked through. Remove from the pan and cut into slices.
- Reduce the heat to a low simmer and add the courgette strands, marinade them in the pan with the sesame seeds and chilli. Warm through very gently for 1–2 mins. The courgettes should be slightly tender but still firm, because no one likes soggy courgetti!
- Divide between two plates and top with the scrummy salmon and sprigs of thyme or chopped coriander. Serve immediately while still warm. We know you’re going to love this one!
We have more delicious recipes for you to try here!
For more information regarding the Steps please contact a Consultant.