These spicy Mexican enchiladas make a tasty supper any day of the week. Serve them with a crisp green salad to add some crunch.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Lightly spray an ovenproof baking dish with oil.
- Lightly spray a frying pan with oil and set over a medium heat. Cook the onion, garlic and red pepper for 5 minutes. Add the minced beef and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until browned. Stir in the chilli powder and cumin. Add the beans with half the liquid from the can and cook for 5 minutes or so until the liquid reduces and thickens. Stir in the coriander and season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, in another frying pan, heat the oil and cook the garlic over a medium heat for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes with 100ml hot water and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and let the sauce bubble away, breaking up the tomatoes with a wooden spoon, until reduced and thickened. Season to taste and blitz in a blender until smooth.
- Spread the tortillas out on a clean work surface and divide the beef and bean mixture between them. Roll up and place in the oiled baking dish. Pour the tomato sauce over the top and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 15–20 minutes until bubbling, crisp and golden brown. Serve immediately with salad.
Step it up…
To enjoy this on Step 5, use 300g minced beef and 60g grated cheese. This will add 4.5g fat per serving.
Visit the Steps page to find out more about the Plan or contact a Consultant to start your weight loss journey today!