This quick and easy curry tastes delicious and looks so good that you could serve it as the main course when you’re entertaining friends. They will never guess that it’s so low in calories and part of your weight management plan.
- Cook the rice according to the instructions on the packet.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray a pan with oil and place over a low heat. Cook the onion for 5 minutes until tender but not coloured. Add the chilli and cook for 1 minute, then stir in the red curry paste and cook for 1 minute. Add the coconut milk and simmer gently for 5 minutes until slightly thickened.
- Grill the salmon for 4–5 minutes each side until cooked through. Cut each fillet in half and keep warm.
- Pour some boiling water over the spinach leaves in a bowl. Leave for 1 minute until they wilt and turn bright green, then drain in a colander or sieve, pressing down with a saucer to extract all the liquid.
- Cook the broccoli and baby corn in a pan of boiling water for about 4 minutes until just tender. Drain well.
- Arrange the broccoli a neat circle on each serving plate. Add the baby corn and spinach with the salmon fillets to make a little pyramid. Pour the red curry sauce over the top and garnish with the tomatoes and basil. Serve with the cooked rice.
Try making this with chicken instead of salmon. Grill or griddle 2 x 150g skinned, boned chicken breasts and cut each one into 2 or 3 pieces before making the pyramids. The calories will stay the same but you will save 9.5g fat per serving.
Visit the Steps page to find out more about the Plan or contact a Consultant to start your weight loss journey today.