If you eat this in a Thai restaurant a single portion can contain a whopping 600 to 900kcals! However, our delicious low-carb version, made with courgetti instead of regular noodles, is low in carbs and only 200 kcals per serving.
- Spiralise the courgettes using blade C of a spiraliser. If you don’t have one, you can use a julienne peeler, a mandolin slicer or an ordinary potato peeler, but you will have thicker ‘noodles’.
- Lightly spray a wok or deep-frying pan with oil and set over a high heat. Add the garlic, spring onions and chilli and stir-fry briskly for 1 minute. Add the prawns and stir-fry for 1–2 minutes until they turn pink.
- Add the courgettes and tomatoes and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until warmed through and the courgettes are just tender but still retain a little ‘bite’.
- Push everything to the side of the pan and pour the beaten egg into the middle. Cook for 1 minute, stirring all the time, until it scrambles. Stir into the courgette and prawn mixture.
- Add the lime zest and juice, nam pla, soy sauce and bean sprouts. Stir-fry for a minute. Stir in the coriander and remove from the heat.
- Divide the mixture between two shallow serving bowls and eat immediately.
Tips: If you don’t have raw prawns, use ready-cooked ones instead. If they are frozen, defrost thoroughly before using.
If you’re on a low-salt diet, use low-sodium Thai fish sauce and soy sauce.
Why not check out more yummy recipes like this one on our recipe page.
We've got more tasty recipes that you can find on our recipes page!
Visit the Steps page to find out more about the Plan or contact a Consultant to start your weight-loss journey today.