This recipe is sure to spice up your life! Who said healthy eating had to be boring? These burgers are 200 Calories per portion so suitable for those on Step 2.
- Blitz the pork, onion, garlic, chilli, lemongrass, nam pla and coriander in a food processor. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Divide the mixture into 4 portions, and mould each one into a burger.
- Cook the burgers under a preheated hot grill for about 6–8 minutes each side, until golden brown and the pork is cooked right through and is no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray a wok or deep frying pan with oil and cook the mustard seeds and ginger for 1 minute until the seeds release their aroma.
- Add the cabbage and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes until it’s slightly tender but still crisp. Take the pan off the heat and stir in the yoghurt.
- Serve immediately with the burgers and the lime wedges.
Vary the stir-fried vegetables. Instead of cabbage, you could use curly kale, spring greens, shredded Brussels sprouts.
If you don’t have any nam pla in the store cupboard, use soy sauce instead.
These burgers taste equally good made with minced chicken instead of pork.
Visit the Steps page to find out more about the Plan or contact a Consultant to start your weight-loss journey today!
Take a look at our recipe page for more scrummy meals like this.